|29th November 2019||09:00||Hallam Conference Centre, London|
Last chance to book your place at the 2019 SUMS Annual Conference and Exhibition taking place on Friday 29 November at the Hallam Conference Centre, London. Join us for a day of vibrant discussion and idea sharing.
Our draft agenda and speaker profiles document can now be downloaded below
This year’s conference theme is the Growth Paradox in Higher Education. Despite the overwhelming importance of growth to long-term success, not all universities can grow and diversify, and those that do will face a host of associated challenges. This year’s SUMS Annual Conference will explore ideas around this paradox – we can’t all grow in all directions, so how do we prioritise consolidation and development to ensure financial sustainability and value for our students, staff and communities?
Delegates attending the event will:
- Hear from leading experts in growth and consolidation from within and outside the sector.
- Take away ideas and potential solutions from other successful universities.
- Learn how SUMS can support you to identify and implement intelligent solutions to your growth and consolidation challenges.
- Interact with a diverse group of over 80 sector leaders representing all university mission groups for engaging discussion and idea generation.
- Engage with sector providers of in-demand support services via a bespoke exhibition.
Professor Shearer West, Vice-Chancellor and President, University of Nottingham
External Speakers Include:
Professor Mike Thomas, HE Consultant and Former Vice-Chancellor at the University of Central Lancashire
Jeannette Strachan, Chair of SUMS Board & Registrar and Secretary, University of Hull
Dr Ghazwa Alwani-Starr, Pro Vice-Chancellor Strategy, Planning and Partnerships and Director of Property, University of London
Chris Hale, Director of Policy, Universities UK
Debbie McVitty, Editor, Wonkhe
John Worne, Chief Operating Officer, Royal College of Art
Places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
SUMS Members at time of Conference - Free to attend
Non-Members - £360 (Non-members will be invoiced once a booking is received)
If you are unsure whether your institution is currently a member please ask and we can advise.
For booking assistance or any other questions, please contact Grace Parsons - Events and Administration Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org