With a track record of over 30 years managing IT up to director level, 24 of which have been in Higher Education, Jerry has a vast range of experience. Since 2010, he has been providing IT management consultancy to many HE organisations.
Jerry’s areas of expertise include:
- Development of Information Security and Information Management policies;
- IT risk management;
- Privacy and privacy impact assessments;
- Business continuity;
- Identity management;
- Project management; and
- Cloud based service provision, especially Office 365.
He has led several sector-wide initiatives, including the following on behalf of UCISA:
- Model IT regulations;
- IT security awareness training;
- Business continuity best practice guide; and
- Privacy impact assessment best practice guide.
Jerry has spoken at many conferences, runs the JISCMail office365-managers mailing list, and hosts the online database of HE cloud collaboration implementations.
With his systematic approach, approachable style and breadth of experience, Jerry is highly effective and comfortable working with people at all levels within an organisation.