- Development of Information Security and Information Management policies;
- Departmental value-for-money review and benchmarking;
- IT risk management;
- Privacy impact assessments;
- Business continuity planning;
- Identity management;
- Project management;
- Cloud-based service provision, especially Office 365.
Jerry worked at a senior level for Bae Systems, the University of Birmingham and Manchester Metropolitan University. In 2010, he became an independent consultant to the HE sector and subsequently joined SUMS in 2018.
He has led several sector-wide initiatives, including the following on behalf of UCISA:
- Model IT regulations;
- IT security awareness training;
- Business continuity best practice guide;
- Privacy impact assessment best practice guide;
- Past chair of the Staff Development Group.
Jerry has spoken at many conferences, runs the JISCMail office 365-managers mailing list, and hosts the online database of HE cloud collaboration implementations. He authored the Web Master job stream definition for the British Computer Society’s Industry Structure Model, now part of SFIAPlus.
With his breadth of experience, systematic approach, eye for detail and approachable style, Jerry is highly effective and comfortable working with people at all levels within an organisation, and across organisations.
Jerry´s wife and business partner, Corinne, brings health service experience, a wealth of common sense and a fresh pair of eyes to all his assignments.
Jerry´s interests include photography, science & engineering, nature & wildlife, walking, DIY and music.
On top of this, Jerry is member of the British Computer Society, certified PRINCE 2 Practitioner, ITIL V3.0 accredited and Chartered Engineer.