|10th November 2022||SUMS Group|
Job Title: Data Analyst
Salary: £28,000-£32,000 depending on experience
Responsible to: Business Intelligence Manage
About SUMS – Specialists in Higher Education:
SUMS is a dynamic and values-focused organisation dedicated to supporting the UK’s Higher Education sector across our three divisions – SUMS Consulting, the Southern Universities Purchasing Consortium (SUPC) and the Procurement Shared Service (PSS).
As a charity and not-for-profit, we are part of the community we serve. Our vision is to be the expert partner of choice for universities, delivering tangible, sustainable impact through high-quality consulting and procurement services. In a recent survey, 95% of SUMS staff felt positive or very positive about working for SUMS. We strive to be a responsible and supportive employer that provides team members with the autonomy and support to bring new ideas to the table for the benefit of our members, clients and our wider communities.
SUMS is looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Data Analyst to join our growing Business Intelligence team and further expand the data insight services we deliver to our members and clients. The right candidate will have an inquisitive attitude to work and an appetite for continuous learning, looking to build on experience already acquired in at least one previous data analysis role. In addition to strong written and verbal communication skills, you will have:
- Advanced IT skills, including experience of working with large data sets utilising a range of tools
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- The ability to analyse and interpret data for a range of audiences
- An exceptionally high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to organise and prioritise your own work whilst working flexibly and collaboratively within a small team
- A careful attention to agreed deadlines and deliverables
- Experience of using data visualisation tools such as Power BI and/or Tableau is desirable
This position is a hybrid role, based in part at our office on the University of Reading campus, with some home-working permitted as agreed with your Line Manager.
Working for SUMS
We value and promote equality, diversity, and inclusivity in our organisation, with fair access to opportunities, fair treatment, and fair outcomes for all.
Benefits of joining SUMS:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days, including bank holidays and closure days
- Participation in a company pension plan
- A dynamic work environment where new ideas and innovations are welcomed
- Flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to develop your skills with support from your colleagues
- The opportunity to work in a values-focused sector
How to Apply
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please submit a cover letter, outlining why you are the right candidate for the role, and CV as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on receipt.
SUMS is an equal opportunities employer and we recognise the value that diverse backgrounds and experiences bring to our work and our organisation. Some identities are still typically under-represented in the workplace and we particularly encourage you to apply if that might be you.