Our research and innovation support for universities covers everything from Research Excellence Framework readiness to research support, to knowledge exchange and commercialisation.
Our experts can help review research administration processes and determine the impact of your activities. We can examine research funding scenarios and support contingency planning, ensuring you don’t lose momentum in the face of uncertainty.
Addressing Research Support Processes
Fit-for-purpose research support and enterprise is critical for universities to achieve research aims and desired outcomes. Therefore, at SUMS, we work with organisations to help identify the best operating model for full lifecycle research support. As a result, you are able to find a model which best fits your organisation’s culture and ambitions.
We work in partnership with you. Building on existing data, we help you deliver quality support to researchers, leading to improved research outcomes and impacts.
For your institution to continue to deliver high quality services, facilities and student and staff experience, positive cash flow is essential. SUMS consultants help universities focus and understand where best to invest. We explore strategies and business models and compare them against current best practice. This provides you with key insights into how your organisation can deliver and invest smartly.
Impact of Our Work
- Clarity about opportunities and focus for investment in the areas of research and enterprise that will have the most impact on strategic ambitions.
- Improved outcomes and impact, due to a better quality support experience for researchers.
- Improved early career experiences that will influence longer-term career progression.
- Better, more consistent, with less duplication, support for research and enterprise across the university.
- Enhanced engagement with academic departments.