Hannah offers extensive expertise in organisational leadership and professional development, with a specialism in workforce culture, staff engagement, and safeguarding. With over a decade of experience in progressively responsible and complex roles requiring exceptional acumen in strategy, people management, and problem solving. She has exceptional people skills with a natural collaborative work style and an engaging approach to communications. She is able to clearly convey complex information and build consensus with executive leaders, staff, and key stakeholders.
Hannah joined SUMS as an associate in 2023. The first 12 years of her career were based in HE, where she held senior positions at HEFCE, The Open University, and the National Union of Students. During this time she achieved an MA in Higher and Professional Education from the Institute of London. She then moved into international development where she operated in incredibly complex environments in countries across Africa and South East Asia.
A small selection of key projects includes:
- United Purpose: Managed a £30 million turnover, 550 staff members, and achieved a reach of 4.5 million people during tenure as Deputy CEO; oversaw significant change processes including policies, processes, and culture.
- Waitrose Foundation: Refreshed policies and procedures, trained international teams & Trustees on safeguarding culture
- Action Aid UK/International: Trained international teams on effective Crisis Communications
- Penny Appeal: Designed and implemented full team restructure strategy as Interim Director of Programmes
- Learned Society: Delivered collaborative leadership skills development for PhD students at Swansea University
- Universities Wales: Coached emerging leaders on professional development, confidence, and senior-level mindset