|16th September 2020||12:00||Online Webinar|
Many universities have now issued statements expressing support for Black Lives Matter. However, what’s less clear is how they plan to translate these statements into concrete actions for creating more racially diverse and inclusive environments for students and staff (see SUMS’ view on this here). Hosted by Principal Consultant Jeannette Strachan, join SUMS Consulting for a dynamic and engaging webinar as we hear from experts in the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) field who have successfully driven practical change at their institutions.
SUMS is speaking with leaders across the sector to reflect on what have they done – and, importantly, what they are going to do next- to tackle race inequality for students and staff in HE. Our panel will share their insights and experiences to help attendees deliver practical and tangible change within their own institutions. Attendees will also hear from Ellie Highwood, SUMS Associate and EDI expert, as she/they lead(s) a brief 15-minute unconscious bias training session to prompt reflection and further exploration.
- Chair, Professor Zoe Radnor, Vice President (Strategy and Planning, Diversity and Inclusion) at City, University of London
- Professor Udy Archibong, Professor of Diversity at the University of Bradford
- Kevin Coutinho, Athena Swan (Equality and Diversity) Manager at UCL
- Dr Zainab Khan, PVC Outcomes and Inclusion at London Metropolitan University
- Professor Sarah Sharples, PVC EDI at the University of Nottingham
- Hillary Gyebi-Ababio, Vice President (Higher Education) at NUS
This session is for all university leaders, both academics and professional services, from across the sector, as well as EDI leaders. Attendees will leave the session with insight into what practical changes can help create racially inclusive and diverse environments for staff and students.
Participation is free of charge. Please register for the webinar above.
For assistance, please contact Grace Parsons - Events and Marketing Coordinator at email@example.com